Smilesss was launched in November 2021 via Smilesssvrs, an NFT collection consisting of 8,888 unique pieces of art produced and styled by our co-founder, Waheed Zai. Since launch, the project has seen a total of over 10k ETH secondary volume and our team has rapidly grown with ambitions of being a frontrunner in fashion, entertainment and sports across the web3 and web2 spaces.
At Smilesss, our vision is to create a leading lifestyle brand, experience and community like no other, across the digital and physical realms. This is a fast growing company which consists of team members who are passionate about the growth and expansion of Smilesss and are located across the world.
About the Role
The company is recruiting a Chief Financial Officer. You will be responsible for managing the company’s finances, exploration of various technologies within crypto that may serve viable to our vision and work with the wider core team to ensure that project budgets are accurately forecasted, recorded and adhered to. Furthermore you will have the opportunity to lead on a range of confidential projects with potential partners that we are in conversation with.
You will be responsible for active investigation and safeguardings of company's finances in order to help us achieve full financial control and long-term, sustainable growth. We expect you to be highly proficient in all aspects of financial management including basic accounting as well as broad investment and banking operations. You should also be an excellent leader to ensure effective control over all relative departments of our organization.
- Own recurring Financial Planning & Analysis processes, including budgeting, forecasting, and scenario planning
- Develop and implement the financial infrastructure to automate and support the growth of the business and operations
- Translate the strategy of the organization into actionable, quantitative plans for the finance function and each operating area of the firm - set budgets, KPI's and track performance
- Ensure firm maintains full compliance with all accounting, legal, regulatory and risk guidelines and requirements
- Lead company’s efforts for all year-end activities including taxes
- Keep company leadership up to date with all finance related projections, developments and recommendations
- Drive accountability in the organization while still maintaining trust and effective business relationships
- Lead financial and strategic analysis for company-wide teams
- Manage the financial aspects of projects in collaboration with team leads who own those projects
- Continuously monitor the greater economic landscape, web3 ecosystem, and internal developments to allow us to manage the company’s finances responsibly in an agile manner
- Oversee all payments across the company, at both a specific project/partner level and across the wider company
- Explore new opportunities across the broader crypto ecosystem
- You have exceptional attention to detail
- You have a passion for working with team members and building from the ground up
- Proven experience as a CFO or senior finance leader with a demonstrated track record of successfully scaling rapid-growth start-ups
- You have a firm understanding of the web3, NFTs, and tokenomics
- You have financial modeling experience and can communicate effectively across various audiences
- You have experience with audits and assisting with tax preparation
- You have experience creating budgets for teams
- You have experience managing balance sheets > $10mm
- 5+ years experience working in a CFO or related Senior/Executive role
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Understanding of Smilesss; our aims, values and beliefs
- Exceptional leadership, management and organizational skills
- Experience managing relationships with partners and associated expenses
- Background in corporate finance, investment banking, Fin-Tech, or other high-growth environments
- Experience managing high value transactions
- Experience in Web3 and NFTs
Benefits & Support
- Smilesss will offer the right candidate a comprehensive rewards package with competitive compensation, NFTs, potential equity and health benefits
- A culture that values inclusivity. No question is a dumb question.
- Flexible remote/in-office with strong recommendation for leadership to be located around our headquarters
- Flexible paid time off
- Parental Leave
- Team outings and afterwork events
- A fun, creative and mission-driven work environment